Monday, August 13, 2012

Paul Ryan - Vice Presidential Candidate

You'll all recall that a few months ago I was pretty enthusiastic about Congressman Paul Ryan.  So, imagine my joy when it was announced Friday that he was to be Mitt Romney's running mate!  I think that Congressman Ryan adds a real corrective influence with regards to social issues and real beef with regards to budget issues.  Here and here are articles which discusses the influence of Congressman Ryan's Catholic faith on his budget considerations.  It's definitely worth a serious read, especially for all of those getting nervous by President Obama's mud slinging. 

I know that there are plenty of reasons to doubt Romney's sincerity regarding his conversion on life issues and the coercive power of government with regards to the defense of conscience rights.  I also know that there is obvious skepticism with regards to the power of the vice presidential candidate to shape the policies of a presidential candidate.  Well, in my mind it's a lot better than what we've got.  And besides, even if he's the lower half of the ticket, I can finally vote for a real and faithful Catholic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome! As always, be charitable and remember the 8th Commandment (Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor).